Michael Stadter has worked with businesses, government agencies, educational institutions, and individuals for over 24 years. As an organizational consultant, he has specialized in executive consulting, conflict resolution, stress management, and enhancing the effectiveness of work groups. In his private practice, he offers adult individual and couple psychotherapy. Additionally, Dr. Stadter teaches and supervises other mental health professionals and has served as a manager and administrator. He has also been recognized in the Washingtonian magazine as one of the top psychotherapists in the Washington, D.C., area and has been sought as a presenter nationally and internationally.
He has served in the following roles:
- Mediator and Consultant, BMC Associates, 1992-present.
- Faculty and Executive Council Member, Washington School of Psychiatry, 1986-present.
- Consultant. Created and administered Employee Assistance Programs for two businesses and one local government. 1983-present.
- Organizational Consultant, 1976-present.
- Clinical Psychologist. Conducting a private practice in Bethesda, MD, 1976-present.
- Director, Center for Psychological and Learning Services, The American. Directed university’s mental health center. 1980-1986.
- Assistant Director, Psychological Center, Georgetown University. Assistant manager for the university mental health center. 1976.
1974 Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, American University, Washington, D.C.
1972 M.A., Clinical Psychology, American University, Washington, D.C.
1970 B.A., Psychology, magna cum laude, University of Maryland, College Park, MD. Elected to membership of Phi Beta Kappa and Psi Chi.
Licensed Psychologist, Maryland, District of Columbia
Member, American Psychological Association
Member, Association for the Advancement of Psychology
Member, Maryland Psychological Association